Never Consume Any Food Items That Have Too Much Sugar
If anyone of you or your children eat food items that have too much sugar, oral health issues may knock at the doors of your teeth. As sugar feeds bacteria, it can consequently cause gum disease and tooth decay. The more sugary food items you eat the more risk you will face on your oral health. Before you consult the best dentist in Riverside CA, never allow your mouth to consume too much sugar.
How much is too much?
Find out recommended quantity of sugar here below. What we have to take per day as per the age is:
- Age 4 – 6: 19 grams of sugar
- Age 7 – 10: 24 grams of sugar
- Age 11+: 30 grams of sugar
The Diet you Have to Follow
- Take wholegrain breakfast cereals instead of sugary foods.
- Use natural honey with bread slices instead of sugary jam.
- Avoid soft drinks, energy drinks, and cordials.
- Choose fresh fruits instead of cakes, chocolate, and ice cream.
Taking Care of Your Teeth
- Brush twice per day with either a manual or an electric toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste
- Spend at least 2 minutes for brushing.
- Replace the head of your manual toothbrush or electric toothbrush once per 3 months
- Floss your teeth using dental floss.
- Cultivate the habit of having plenty of water that can be highly useful in rinsing your mouth and staying hydrated.
- Don’t smoke or drink too much alcohol.
- Visit the nearest dentist once per month.
Ready to enter the world of preventive dental care? Feel free to contact us for Preventive Dental Care in Riverside, CA by calling (951)892-0022.